(INDIGNANT HUFFING) NOT ALL M……ale lions
the more i think about it, the weirder this comment seems. how does this man know that being a male lion is more stressful than being a female lion. has he lived as both a female and male lion before. is this man an Animorph
male lions rights activist
as a big cat fanatic and a zoo veteran:
male lions are lazy fucks. they CHOOSE to fight cos they’re BORED.
This is Zero, the most photographed lion in National Geographic history (so I’ve been told). While his huge frame and two-toned mane make him an intimidating sight, he is essentially the biggest baby I observed while in South Africa.
You would hear these deep roaring moans echo across the reserve… and it was Zero, whining for the girls (Maggie and Lisa) to bring him food. The lazy bum would just roll around in the river bed moaning and groaning until the females would show up with a kill.
Sure, he could fight if there happened to be a rival male in the area. And his ‘mock charge’ display was intimidating enough to keep just about everyone* out of his way… but 99% of the time this guy was all about moaning (for food), mating, and mane-flips.
* - The only animal not run off by Zero’s display was a honey badger, who - true to form - did not care.
That is one ridiculously photogenic lion.
That last bit about the honey badger just make me think of this beefed up Gryffindor jock showing off and being all intimidating but this weedy little Hufflepuff is just not. Impressed. At all and am I writing fanfiction about african wildlife?
I did some research. The owner says it is just a small potbelly piglet and not a mini or teacup pig. They rescued it and seem to be taking very good care of it. Making efforts to get its weight up and being vigilant about its overall health.
That said, I do know that this is a problem and people see tiny cute things on the internet and want to get one of their own. Before getting any animal, I think it is important to put in due diligence to research animal breeders and make sure they are certified and have a reputation for bringing up animals in a safe and healthy manner. Rescuing and adopting is also a great thing to look into.
Sometimes animals are just small and I think it is okay to admire their cuteness if that is the case. I admire your courage in bringing this up, but it is also prudent to research things like this before making accusations.
I’ve been accused of certain things with Otis, and they were never true, but it still really hurts like the dickens when people accuse you of that sort of thing.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
I have been a cat owner my whole life and I literally never knew that tiger lilies and stargazers were also highly toxic to cats. Even drinking the water from the vase that lilies are in can kill the cat! I brought in a tiger lily from our yard today and just thought to look it up and found out (and of course removed the lily from our house as soon as I saw). How scary!
Other toxic flowers for cats:
- Amaryllis (Amaryllis sp.)
- Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
- Azaleas and Rhododendrons (Rhododendron sp.)
- Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum sp.)
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
- English Ivy (Hedera helix)
- Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe sp.)
- Lilies (Lilium sp.)
- Marijuana (Cannabis sativa)
- Oleander (Nerium oleander)
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
- Sago Palm (Cycas revoluta)
- Spanish thyme (Coleus ampoinicus)
- Tulip and Narcissus bulbs (Tulipa and Narcissus sp.)
- Yew (Taxus sp.)
Important info for cat friends!!!
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
I TRIED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YEEHAW YAWNING AND
is your cat called yeehaw
His full name is Yeehaw Will Smith
They can leap 36 feet
As in leap forward 36 feet
They don’t jump 36 feet into the fucking sky do you know how terrifying that would be the human race wouldn’t have survived because we’d have all had heart attacks while still in Africa
still one of my favorite posts on tumblr